The United Nations called Thursday for urgent funding to help 30 million children suffering from acute malnutrition “before it is too late” in countries being hammered by the food crisis.
GENEVA, Switzerland —
The 15 countries are Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Haiti, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan and Yemen. Its plan aims to prevent, detect and treat acute malnutrition among children with interventions in the food, health, water and sanitation, and social protection systems.
“Wasting is painful for the child, and in severe cases, can lead to death or permanent damage to children’s growth and development,” she said.
Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama
Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.
Extreme weather caused $165 billion in US damage in 2022Major hurricanes, wildfires, tornadoes, drought and a fierce winter storm caused more than $165 billion in damage in the United States last year with climate change “supercharging” some extreme weather, a government report said Tuesday.
Baca lebih lajut »
UN decries 'intolerable' loss of 5 million children in 2021An estimated five million children under the age of five died in 2021, the United Nations said Tuesday, urging health care investment in underserved communities around the globe to avoid this “immense, intolerable and mostly preventable loss of life.”
Baca lebih lajut »
California reels from 'endless' storm onslaught, 16 deadRelentless storms ravaged California again Tuesday, the latest destructive episode in weeks of extreme weather that have left at least 16 people dead and sparked havoc over a wide area.
Baca lebih lajut »
Cardinal George Pell dies aged 81Cardinal George Pell — a giant of the Catholic Church who was accused and cleared of sexual abuse in Australia — has died in Rome aged 81, a church official confirmed Wednesday.
Baca lebih lajut »
Torrential rain, flood continue to batter Eastern VisayasHundreds of families fled their homes and work and classes remain suspended in some areas in Eastern Visayas due to incessant rain and flood on Wednesday, Jan. 11. READ:
Baca lebih lajut »
China Covid surge not expected to 'significantly impact' Europe: WHOThe World Health Organization said on Tuesday it did not expect a surge of Covid-19 cases in China to “significantly impact” the situation in Europe.
Baca lebih lajut »