Britain would scrap 80-90 percent of tariffs on imported goods if it leaves the ...
LONDON - Britain would scrap 80-90 percent of tariffs on imported goods if it leaves the European Union without a deal but would keep them for sensitive sectors such as cars and some agricultural products, broadcaster Sky News reported on Tuesday.
Britain’s Department for International Trade said in response to the report that no final decision had been made on tariffs, but there had been discussion across government about the right level of tariffs following a no-deal Brexit. Without tariffs, some British factories and farms would struggle to compete with imports, and Britain would lose leverage to persuade other countries to reduce tariffs on goods they import from Britain.
“According to government sources the 10-20 percent of more sensitive items which will retain their protection includes cars, beef, lamb, dairy and some lines of textiles,” it said.
Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama
Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.
Grounded ship leaks 80 tons of oil near Pacific UNESCO siteWELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — An environmental disaster is unfolding in the Pacific after a large ship ran aground and began leaking oil next to a UNESCO World Heritage site in the Solomon...
Baca lebih lajut »
House Democrats demand documents from more than 80 people and institutions affiliated with TrumpHouse Democrats sent more than 80 letters demanding documents from those with ties to President Trump, launching a sprawling probe into whether he and his administration have engaged in obstruction of justice, corruption and abuse of power.
Baca lebih lajut »
K-Pop band BTS sold out London’s huge Wembley Stadium in just 90 minutesSouth Korean boy band BTS (aka the Bangtan Boys) are among the K-Pop artists going mainstream.
Baca lebih lajut »
Nathaniel Taylor, who played Rollo on ‘Sanford and Son,’ dies at 80Actor Nathaniel Taylor, best known for his role as Rollo on the sitcom 'Sanford and Son,' has died after suffering a heart attack.
Baca lebih lajut »
See the more than 80 names receiving House Judiciary Committee letters in its investigationHere are the more than 80 individuals and groups receiving letters seeking information and documents as part of a sweeping investigation into President Trump's campaign, businesses, transition and administration
Baca lebih lajut »