Turkey will not allow Syria safe zone agreement to be delayed - Cavusoglu

Indonesia Berita Berita

Turkey will not allow Syria safe zone agreement to be delayed - Cavusoglu
Indonesia Berita Terbaru,Indonesia Berita utama
  • 📰 trtworld
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 43 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 20%
  • Publisher: 63%

Turkish Foreign Minister Cavusoglu calls talks with US officials over the creation of a safe zone in northern Syria a “very good start”

Turkish military officials and their US counterparts agreed to a safe zone in northern Syria, a"peace corridor" for displaced Syrians longing to return home. The Syrian regime has rejected this proposal.

Calling Wednesday’s talks with US officials over the creation of a safe zone in northeast Syria a “very good start”, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu warned Turkey will not allow these efforts to stall in the same way that their agreement on control of the Syrian town of Manbij has been delayed.

On Wednesday, Turkish military officials and their US counterparts agreed that the safe zone in northeast Syria would be a "peace corridor" for displaced Syrians to return home. "We will not allow these efforts to turn into the Manbij roadmap," Cavusoglu said. He said he and US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo drew up the roadmap in June last year, and that it was supposed to be executed within 90 days.Ankara has repeatedly expressed its frustration with the slow progress over Syria's Manbij.

Berita ini telah kami rangkum agar Anda dapat membacanya dengan cepat. Jika Anda tertarik dengan beritanya, Anda dapat membaca teks lengkapnya di sini. Baca lebih lajut:

trtworld /  🏆 101. in US

Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama

Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.

Turkish, US officials agree on Syria ‘peace corridor’Turkish, US officials agree on Syria ‘peace corridor’After three days of talks in Ankara, Turkey's Defence Ministry says that the two countries agreed to establish a joint operation centre to coordinate and manage the planned safe zone in northern Syria.
Baca lebih lajut »

Turkey, U.S. agree to form joint operation center for Syria safe zoneTurkey, U.S. agree to form joint operation center for Syria safe zoneTurkey and the United States agreed on Wednesday to establish a joint operation ...
Baca lebih lajut »

US, Turkey agree on Syria safe zone for refugees; new report warns of ISIS resurgenceUS, Turkey agree on Syria safe zone for refugees; new report warns of ISIS resurgenceThe U.S. and Turkey reached an agreement on Wednesday to create a safe zone in northeastern Syria in order to secure the territory once held by the Islamic State.
Baca lebih lajut »

Turkey says U.S. getting closer to its views on north Syria safe zoneTurkey says U.S. getting closer to its views on north Syria safe zoneTurkish Defence Minister Hulusi Akar said the United States is shifting closer t...
Baca lebih lajut »

Turkey says meeting with US on Syria 'positive'Turkey says meeting with US on Syria 'positive''We witnessed with satisfaction that our partners grew closer to our position [in northeastern Syria]. The [Turkey-US] meetings were positive and quite constructive' Turkey’s Defence Minister Hulusi Akar
Baca lebih lajut »

Turkey will not let Syria safe zone agreement be delayed: foreign ministerTurkey will not let Syria safe zone agreement be delayed: foreign ministerTurkey will not let plans for safe zone in northeast Syria to stall over negotia...
Baca lebih lajut »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 01:55:54