Nigeria working on security and information-sharing requirements to lift US travel ban on prospective immigrants – Nigerian FM Geoffrey Onyeama
Nigeria Foreign Affairs Minister Geoffrey Onyeama speaks at the Oslo Humanitarian Conference on Nigeria and the Lake Chad Region in Oslo, Norway February 24, 2017.
US President Donald Trump issued an expanded version of his travel ban on Friday as part of a presidential proclamation, which said Washington would suspend the issuance of visas that can lead to permanent residency for nationals of Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar and Nigeria. "We've identified all those requirements and we have actually started working on all them," Onyeama said. "It is actually very straightforward and it was very gratifying to come here and meet with US officials and to understand more clearly the reasoning behind it," he said.
The US government also will stop issuing "diversity visas" to nationals of Sudan and Tanzania, Trump's proclamation said.
Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama
Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.
Nigeria working to get U.S. travel ban lifted: foreign ministerNigeria has begun working on the security and information sharing requirements f...
Baca lebih lajut »
Chinese Lead Foreign Selling of U.S. Commercial PropertyForeign investors were net sellers of U.S. commercial real estate last year for the first time since 2012, posing a fresh setback for a market that is already showing signs of strain.
Baca lebih lajut »
Coronavirus fears rise as the U.S. denies entry to foreign nationals who have been to China in the last 14 daysAdditionally, any Americans who have been to China will undergo a health screening at one of 11 airports.
Baca lebih lajut »
Please Excuse Us While We Drool Over Duchess Kate's New Winter CoatSee all of Kate Middleton's best style moments since getting engaged to Prince William in in 2010 — pics
Baca lebih lajut »
U.S. Stocks Attempt To Rebound, Despite China’s $400 Billion Coronavirus Market Sell-OffI am a New York—based reporter for Forbes, covering breaking news—with a focus on financial topics. Previously, I've reported at Money Magazine, The Villager NYC, and The East Hampton Star. I graduated from the University of St Andrews in 2018, majoring in International Relations and Modern History. Follow me on Twitter skleb1234 or email me at sklebnikovforbes.com
Baca lebih lajut »