Lauren Smith-Fields' family held a rally for justice over the weekend, demanding answers after the 23-year-old was found dead in her Connecticut apartment by a man she met on Bumble.
reports Smith-Fields, a Black woman, was found unresponsive on December 12 by a 37-year-old white man she met on Bumble. According to NBC News, her family has alleged in a notice of their intent to sue the department that police have been “racially insensitive” and have failed to properly investigate the case.
“My daughter had a life, she traveled the world, she went to college and did tutorials on how to do hair and nails,” Smith-Fields’ father, Everett Smith, said at the rally, according to. "She had a voice and that voice was stripped and the Bridgeport police station ain’t doing sh*t about it.” Crosland told CBS News that evidence like bloody sheets and drinks at the scene weren't properly processed until weeks after Smith-Fields death. He said there was a semen-filled condom and a pill at the scene, which werehas reached out to the Bridgeport Police Department for comment but has not heard back. The department previously issued the following statement to NBC News:
"The Detective Bureau is awaiting the final report from the Chief Medical Examiner's Office for cause and manner of death of Ms. Smith-Fields. The Bridgeport Police Department offers it's sincerest condolences to the family and friends of Ms. Lauren Smith-Fields."“People know Black women, Black girls have been going missing and haven't gotten any attention, and I think it's at a boiling point,” Crosland said to CBS News.
Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama
Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.
What happened to Lauren Smith-Fields? Family demands justice after 23-year-old found dead after dateWhat happened to Lauren Smith-Fields? Family demands justice after 23-year-old who met man on dating app is found dead
Baca lebih lajut »
What happened to Lauren Smith-Fields? Family demands justice after 23-year-old found dead after dateA family continues to demand answers from authorities in the death of Lauren Smith-Fields, a 23-year-old Black woman who was found dead after a date.
Baca lebih lajut »
What happened to Lauren Smith-Fields? Family demands justice after 23-year-old found dead after dateThe family said the man was the last known person to see Lauren alive.
Baca lebih lajut »
Lauren Goodger shares what happened with Charles cheating as she announces babyThe reality star has endured many ups and downs over the past year and a half after semi-pro footballer Charles Drury walked into her life and they started their growing family
Baca lebih lajut »
Lauren Goodger 'overjoyed' to be pregnant with Charles Drury's second babyLauren Goodger has revealed that she's 16 weeks pregnant with her second daughter not long after reuniting with her boyfriend Charles Drury - it means the star will have two children under one
Baca lebih lajut »
Lauren Goodger says 'being a single mum doesn't scare me' after baby newsFormer The Only Way Is Essex star Lauren Goodger has revealed she’s 16 weeks pregnant with her second baby girl with ex Charles Drury after welcoming baby Larose in July last year
Baca lebih lajut »