Last remaining US diplomats leave Venezuela

Indonesia Berita Berita

Last remaining US diplomats leave Venezuela
Indonesia Berita Terbaru,Indonesia Berita utama
  • 📰 AP
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 34 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 51%

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says the last remaining American diplomats in Venezuela have left the country.

Passengers ride on a bus with messages scrawled on it that read in Spanish "No to war," and "We want peace," in Caracas, Venezuela, Thursday, March 14, 2019. With long lines at the stops of public transport and crowds of people at the entrance of some banking agencies, Venezuelans returned to activity on Thursday after four days of paralysis as a result of the biggest blackout in the country's history.

CARACAS, Venezuela — U.S. Pompeo said in a statement Thursday that he knows it is a “difficult moment” for the diplomats. He says the United States remains committed to supporting opposition leader Juan Guaido, who wants to oust Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro and hold elections. A convoy was seen leaving the U.S. Embassy in Caracas in the morning, and the American flag is no longer flying outside the embassy.

Pompeo tweeted earlier this week that the diplomats would be withdrawn because they had become a “constraint” on U.S. policy. The Venezuelan government disputed Pompeo’s account, saying it had instructed the U.S. diplomats to leave.

Berita ini telah kami rangkum agar Anda dapat membacanya dengan cepat. Jika Anda tertarik dengan beritanya, Anda dapat membaca teks lengkapnya di sini. Baca lebih lajut:

AP /  🏆 728. in US

Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama

Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.

US Secretary of State Pompeo blames Russia, Cuba for Venezuelan crisisUS Secretary of State Pompeo blames Russia, Cuba for Venezuelan crisisSecretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday blamed Russia and Cuba for causing Venezuela's political crisis by supporting President Nicolas Maduro.
Baca lebih lajut »

Every option on the table to deliver democracy to Venezuela, Sec of State Pompeo saysEvery option on the table to deliver democracy to Venezuela, Sec of State Pompeo saysThe U.S. will continue to do whatever it takes to rid Venezuela of disputed leader Nicolas Maduro, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told CNBC.
Baca lebih lajut »

Pompeo calls on oil industry to support U.S. foreign policy agendaPompeo calls on oil industry to support U.S. foreign policy agendaU.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo urged the oil industry on Tuesday to work wi...
Baca lebih lajut »

Exclusive: Pompeo to meet oil executives, push U.S. crude exports, Iran policy - sourcesExclusive: Pompeo to meet oil executives, push U.S. crude exports, Iran policy - sourcesEXCLUSIVE: Pompeo to meet oil executives, push U.S. crude exports, Iran policy - sources
Baca lebih lajut »

Exclusive: Pompeo to meet oil execs, push U.S. crude exports, Iran policy - sourcesExclusive: Pompeo to meet oil execs, push U.S. crude exports, Iran policy - sourcesEXCLUSIVE: Pompeo to meet oil executives, push U.S. crude exports, Iran policy - sources
Baca lebih lajut »

U.S.'s Pompeo criticizes Russia's Rosneft for buying oil from VenezuelaU.S.'s Pompeo criticizes Russia's Rosneft for buying oil from VenezuelaU.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Monday that Russia's Rosneft wa...
Baca lebih lajut »

Every option is on the table to deliver democracy to Venezuela, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo saysEvery option is on the table to deliver democracy to Venezuela, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says“As the president said, every option is on the table to deliver to the Venezuelan people the democracy they deserve,” Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said last night.
Baca lebih lajut »

Pompeo slams Cuba and Russia over Venezuela crisisPompeo slams Cuba and Russia over Venezuela crisisSecretary of State Mike Pompeo on Monday took aim at the Maduro regime, Cuba and Russia over the deepening crisis in Venezuela.
Baca lebih lajut »

Pompeo says 'constraint' on Venezuela action has been liftedPompeo says 'constraint' on Venezuela action has been liftedThe US will soon impose new sanctions and visa revocations against the regime of embattled Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro as Secretary of State Mike Pompeo pulled remaining US diplomats from the country and hinted that other, perhaps more muscular, measures are under consideration.
Baca lebih lajut »

Relations with Venezuela worsen as U.S. orders diplomatic staff to exitRelations with Venezuela worsen as U.S. orders diplomatic staff to exitSecretary of State Pompeo ordered all U.S. diplomatic staff to leave Venezuela. The move appeared to signal tougher U.S. actions to unseat President Maduro.
Baca lebih lajut »

The Latest: US pulling out last of Caracas embassy staffThe Latest: US pulling out last of Caracas embassy staffCARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — The latest on Venezuela's political and economic crisis (all times local): 12:20 a.m. Tuesday U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says the United States is...
Baca lebih lajut »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 10:00:56