In a new series, Variety catches up with the directors of the films shortlisted for the International Feature Oscar to discuss their road to the awards, what they’ve learned so far, and what’s take…
which marks the director’s return to filmmaking in his native Naples 20 years after his debut, “One Man Up.”Italian original film is the story of a goofy kid named Fabietto who starts harboring a passion for filmmaking“it’s a tale of destiny and family, of sport and cinema, love and loss.”
It’s a great honor and a great responsibility to represent my country once again. Being a candidate for the second time fills me with joy because it means that the first time wasn’t just a fluke. This second candidacy indicates continuity in my work and a standard that is at the very least dignified.The Oscar campaign is very stimulating and fun. But at the same time, it’s tiring and a lot of work. You travel a lot, and change places real fast.
The Oscars are a prize that was born in the U.S. and has grown there. So I think it’s entirely natural that the bulk of the attention goes to English-language films. But of course, not being American, I hope that phenomenons like “Parasite” can happen again. In any event, I think there is quite an ample interest on the part of the U.S. industry and film critics towards foreign films.Frankly I don’t know how to answer this. It’s a question that should go to those in charge of the awards.
I can just speak about my own personal experience. “The Great Beauty” was two hours and twenty minutes long, but I never received any criticism regarding its length. “The Hand of God” is two hours and ten minutes, and even in this case I haven’t heard of any particular complaints regarding the length of the film. A film has its necessity, its rhythm, its ampleness and length which reflect these needs. If a film is well made, it can be very long and satisfy anyone.
Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama
Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.
Leslie Jordan, Tracee Ellis Ross to announce 2022 Oscar nominations next weekAward season is officially upon us!
Baca lebih lajut »
Why Halle Berry Says She's Heartbroken 20 Years After Oscar WinHalle Berry shares her devastation about still being the only Black woman to have a Best Leading Actress Oscar two decades later in an exclusive preview clip of tonight's SoulofaNation. ScreenQueensRising BHM
Baca lebih lajut »
Halle Berry says she's 'heartbroken' no other Black woman has won Oscar for best actress'I do feel completely heartbroken that there's no other woman standing next to me in 20 years,' Halle Berry said.
Baca lebih lajut »
Halle Berry says she’s ‘heartbroken’ no other Black woman has won Oscar for best actress'I think we are definitely going in the right direction,' HalleBerry tells ABC News. 'How fast we'll go forward...that remains to be seen.' 'Screen Queens Rising' premieres at 8|7c on ABC and streams tomorrow on Hulu. SoulofaNation Read more:
Baca lebih lajut »
Leslie Jordan, Tracee Ellis Ross to announce 2022 Oscar nominations next weekActors Leslie Jordan and Tracee Ellis Ross will announce the nominations for the 94th Oscars, the Academy announced Thursday.
Baca lebih lajut »