Haiti Kidnappings Live Updates: US issues level 4 travel advisory for Haiti amid 'widespread: kidnappings

Indonesia Berita Berita

Haiti Kidnappings Live Updates: US issues level 4 travel advisory for Haiti amid 'widespread: kidnappings
Indonesia Berita Terbaru,Indonesia Berita utama
  • 📰 Newsweek
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 7 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 6%
  • Publisher: 52%

Haiti Kidnappings Live Updates: US seeks release of 17 missionaries kidnapped by notorious gang

A notorious Haitian gang abducted 17 people from a U.S.-based missionary organization east of Port-au-Prince Saturday, Haitian police inspector Frantz Champagne toldThe 400 Mawozo abducted 16 American citizens, one Canadian from the Ohio-based Christian Aid Ministries. A total of five children, seven women and five men were taken in the Croix des Bouquets suburb while they visited an orphanage, according to the group.

The 400 Mawazo was blamed for kidnapping a group of Catholic priests and nuns earlier this year. They were eventually released.

Berita ini telah kami rangkum agar Anda dapat membacanya dengan cepat. Jika Anda tertarik dengan beritanya, Anda dapat membaca teks lengkapnya di sini. Baca lebih lajut:

Newsweek /  🏆 468. in US

Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama

Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.

17 missionaries, including 5 children, kidnapped in Haiti, ministry says17 missionaries, including 5 children, kidnapped in Haiti, ministry saysSeventeen missionaries, including five children, have been kidnapped in Haiti, according to the ministry the group is affiliated with.
Baca lebih lajut »

Notorious gang blamed for kidnapping U.S. missionaries in HaitiNotorious gang blamed for kidnapping U.S. missionaries in HaitiDEVELOPING: Group of 16 American missionaries, among them 5 children, kidnapped in Haiti over the weekend are being held by one of the country's most notorious gangs, senior Haitian official says.
Baca lebih lajut »

US, Haiti seek release of 17 missionaries snatched by gangUS, Haiti seek release of 17 missionaries snatched by gangPORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (AP) — U.S. officials are working with Haitian authorities to try to secure the release of 12 adults and five children with a U.S.-based missionary group who were abducted over the weekend by a gang notorious for killings, kidnappings and extortion. The group was snatched by the 400 Mawozo gang, which controls the Croix-des-Bouquets area east of the capital of Port-au-Prince, police inspector Frantz Champagne told The Associated Press on Sunday. As authorities sought the release of the 16 Americans and one Canadian with the Ohio-based Christian Aid Ministries, local unions and other organizations expected to launch a strike Monday to protest Haiti’s worsening lack of security.
Baca lebih lajut »

16 Americans, 1 Canadian among kidnapped Christian missionaries in Haiti- ministries group16 Americans, 1 Canadian among kidnapped Christian missionaries in Haiti- ministries groupSixteen Americans and one Canadian citizen are among the Christian Aid Ministries workers kidnapped in Haiti, according to a statement by the organization on Sunday.
Baca lebih lajut »

Up to 17 US Christian missionaries kidnapped in HaitiUp to 17 US Christian missionaries kidnapped in HaitiHaitian officials: 17 American missionaries kidnapped in the country
Baca lebih lajut »

US religious group says 17 missionaries kidnapped in HaitiUS religious group says 17 missionaries kidnapped in HaitiSAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — A group of 17 U.S. missionaries including children were kidnapped in Haiti on Saturday, according to a voice message sent to various religious missions by an organization with direct knowledge of the incident.
Baca lebih lajut »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 21:57:08