President Ferdinand R. Marcos Jr. on Monday said more big-ticket transportation projects are already in the works as part of government efforts to “revive” the country’s rail industry and boost the economy.
During the start of the tunneling work for the Metro Manila Subway Project in Valenzuela City, Marcos said his administration will prioritize the construction of similar projects.
“Having an effective and efficient transportation system will have multiplier effects on employment, the economy, [and] our society; it will bring comfort, convenience, [and] an easier life for all,” he added.Dubbed as the “crown jewel of the mass transit system” by the Department of Transportation , the 33-kilometer MMSP is the first underground railway system, which will connect eight cities from Valenzuela City to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport in Pasay City.
JICA Philippine Office Chief Representative Sakamoto Takema said the project will push through despite the numerous challenges it faced including acquisition and right-of-way matters, timely budget allocation and contract, influence of the pandemic, and the serious traffic congestion in the construction sites.
Sakamoto also assured that JICA will continue extending assistance to the government for the realization of “Japan-quality” public transportation systems.Transportation Secretary Jaime J. Bautista said the government is targeting to undertake six more railway projects and craft a transportation road map.
Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama
Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.
Marcos on Feast of Black Nazarene: Faith can conquer looming stormsMANILA, Philippines — On the Feast of the Black Nazarene, President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. on Monday told devotees that their faith can help conquer looming storms in their
Baca lebih lajut »
Marcos vows more big-ticket infra projectsPresident Ferdinand 'Bongbong' Marcos Jr. on Monday pledged to further improve the country's transport system as he led the launch of the Metro Manila Subway Project Tunnel Boring Machine in Valenzuela City. Read more: PHOTOS BY JOHN RYAN BALDEMOR
Baca lebih lajut »
Galvez named Defense chiefPresident Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Monday named Carlito Galvez Jr. as the new Defense Secretary to replace Senior Undersecretary Jose Faustino Jr., who had resigned. READ:
Baca lebih lajut »
Rich harvest from China visitMSEditorial Rich harvest from China visit It was only in November last year that President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. first met Chinese President Xi Jinping, at the sidelines of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Bangkok. READ:
Baca lebih lajut »
PBBM calls for 'safe, meaningful and solemn' celebration of Black Nazarene feast | Samuel P. MedenillaPresident Ferdinand R. Marcos, Jr. called for a 'safe, meaningful and solemn' celebration of the Feast of the Black Nazarene on Monday. Marcos issued the statement amid the resumption of the celebration of the onsite events, which have drawn thousands of devotees this year. Officials of the Quiapo Church decided…
Baca lebih lajut »
Marcos visit to test ‘how truthful’ China is to pledges – analystsPresident Ferdinand Marcos Jr.’s three-day state visit to China last week would “test the waters and examine how truthful China can be on its words and promises,” according to analysts. | FMangosingINQ /PDI
Baca lebih lajut »