Funeral held for controversial Australian cardinal Pell

Indonesia Berita Berita

Funeral held for controversial Australian cardinal Pell
Indonesia Berita Terbaru,Indonesia Berita utama
  • 📰 manilabulletin
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 35 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 51%

Several dozen people including bishops, cardinals and archbishops turned out for the funeral of the controversial Cardinal George Pell in the Vatican on Saturday.

VATICAN CITY, Holy See —

Pope Francis is pushed on a wheelchair by the coffin of Australia’s Cardinal George Pell, during a funeral mass in the St. Peter’s basilica at the Vatican on January 14, 2023. Cardinal George Pell, a senior figure in the Catholic Church who was convicted and later cleared of sexual abuse in Australia, has died in Rome aged 81, a church official confirmed on January 11. Vincenzo PINTO / AFP

From humble beginnings, Pell climbed the ranks to become one of Pope Francis’s most trusted advisers inside the Vatican. Pell died of heart complications related to a hip surgery he underwent in a Rome hospital on Tuesday, according to the Vatican’s official news website.

Berita ini telah kami rangkum agar Anda dapat membacanya dengan cepat. Jika Anda tertarik dengan beritanya, Anda dapat membaca teks lengkapnya di sini. Baca lebih lajut:

manilabulletin /  🏆 25. in PH

Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama

Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.

From Swiatek to Gauff: The 5 women to watch at the 2023 Australian OpenFrom Swiatek to Gauff: The 5 women to watch at the 2023 Australian OpenWorld number one Iga Swiatek leads the field in an Australian Open women's draw shorn of some of its biggest recent stars
Baca lebih lajut »

Djokovic, Nadal can only meet in final at Australian Open | The Associated PressDjokovic, Nadal can only meet in final at Australian Open | The Associated PressMELBOURNE, Australia—Novak Djokovic was placed on the opposite side of the draw to defending champion and top-seeded Rafael Nadal at the Australian Open on Thursday, meaning they can only meet in the final at Melbourne Park. In his return to Melbourne after last year’s immigration controversy, fourth-seeded Djokovic will open…
Baca lebih lajut »

Australian Open title can be balm for Djokovic after deportation sagaAustralian Open title can be balm for Djokovic after deportation saga'It wasn't easy... mentally to regroup and restart again,' says Novak Djokovic, the unvaccinated tennis star who’s back in Australia after his visa ban got waived.
Baca lebih lajut »

Nadal shrugs off rocky buildup to Australian Open defenseNadal shrugs off rocky buildup to Australian Open defenseDefending champion Rafael Nadal heads into his first Australian Open match undercooked and with only one win since the US Open in September.
Baca lebih lajut »

Djokovic says deportation drama in Australia paved way to successDjokovic says deportation drama in Australia paved way to successSeeking a record-extending 10th title in the Australian Open, Novak Djokovic says missing events due to his vaccination stance had renewed his determination on the training court.
Baca lebih lajut »

Australia cancels Afghanistan cricket series | The Associated PressAustralia cancels Afghanistan cricket series | The Associated PressMELBOURNE, Australia—Australia has pulled out of an upcoming men’s one-day international cricket series against Afghanistan, citing more restrictions on women’s rights in the country by the Taliban government. Australia was to meet Afghanistan in the United Arab Emirates for three matches in March. But following consultation with the Australian government…
Baca lebih lajut »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 12:13:45