Frank Darabont and CAA on Tuesday responded to a December motion for summary judgment from AMC, which is looking to dismiss the profits lawsuit brought by the former The Walking Dead showrunner and…
In a memorandum of law filed Tuesday in New York state Supreme Court, the parties say the suit, over Modified Adjusted Gross Receipts calculations defined by AMC, had previously been decided upon in court, making the new action “nothing more than a brazen attempt to relitigate issues already laid to rest.
“These endlessly repeated false claims include: that Plaintiffs somehow agreed to AMC’s MAGR definition simply by conducting the audit that preceded this lawsuit; that certain provisions in the Season 2 amendment did not take effect because Darabont did not meet a precondition of rendering executive producer/showrunner services on all episodes of Season 2 of the Series; that the same precondition also includes a requirement that Darabont render these services “full-time” and “in-erson” on all...
“After the television show became an enormous critical and financial success, Plaintiffs attempted to re-negotiate their contracts through litigation to achieve a financial windfall that the contracts do not award,” AMC said in the motion filed December 16. “In contrast, Defendants ask this Court to do nothing more than apply hornbook New York law to ‘enforce’ the ‘clear and unambiguous’ contract language ‘according to the plain meaning of its terms.
The $10 million lawsuit is secondary to the $300 million-plus consolidated profits lawsuit that Darabont, who was showrunner of the first season of the zombie-apocalypse series, launched against AMC in late 2013 with his agency CAA. That case is moving toward a June 1 trial date. “Having had their deceptive and faulty accounting practices exposed, it is little surprise that AMC again seeks to avoid facing a jury,” Darabont and CAA’s top lawyer Dale Kinsella said back in January in response to AMC’s summary judgment ask. “The motion is based on a bogus interpretation of Darabont’s contract and should be denied. We look forward to trial on June 1.”
Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama
Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.
Paul Bettany Shares Personal Connection To Alan Ball’s Family Drama ‘Uncle Frank’ – Sundance StudioIn the 1973-set drama Uncle Frank, Paul Bettany plays the titular character who takes a road trip with his partner Wally (Peter Macdissi) and his 18-year-old niece Beth Bledsoe (Sophia Lillis) from…
Baca lebih lajut »
See the Best Oscars Dresses to Ever Hit the Red CarpetTake a walk down memory lane with us, and relive the best dresses to ever hit the Oscars red carpet.
Baca lebih lajut »
Holly Willoughby blasts mummy-shamers as she drops nanny confessionHolly Willoughby hit out at people who shame mums for going to work, and revealed she does enlist the help of a nanny 'or the kids would walk themselves to school'
Baca lebih lajut »
CAA Signs Adèle Haenel, Award-Winning ‘Portrait Of A Lady On Fire’ StarEXCLUSIVE: Portrait Of A Lady On Fire star Adèle Haenel has signed with CAA. The multi-award winning French actress recently received a Best Actress César nomination for her role in Céline Sciamma&…
Baca lebih lajut »
CAA Sports acquires Kauffman Sports Management Group as agencies bulk upCreative Artists Agency acquired Kauffman Sports Management Group, an L.A.-based firm that represents NBA executives, as well as NBA and NCAA basketball coaches. The move comes as agencies look to diversify their businesses by expanding their rosters into areas such as sports and music.
Baca lebih lajut »
Miley Cyrus Exits CAA for WME: ExclusiveShe has signed with the agency worldwide in all areas.
Baca lebih lajut »