French authorities last month opened a preliminary inquiry into allegations that the former archbishop of Paris had committed 'sexual assault on a vulnerable person', prosecutors said on Tuesday.
The probe was opened based on a report filed by the diocese of Paris, the prosecutors said. FILE PHOTO
French broadcaster BFMTV reported that the relationship was with a vulnerable person under judicial protection. A diocese spokeswoman in 2021 said Aupetit "had ambiguous behaviour with a person he was very close to", adding that it was "not a loving relationship", nor sexual.Aupetit was archbishop during the April 2019 fire that ravaged the Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris, regularly appearing on television to express anguish over the disaster and rally funds for the rebuilding effort.
The French church is still reeling from the publication in October 2021 of a devastating report by an independent commission, which estimated that Catholic clergy had abused 216,000 children since 1950.
Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama
Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.
Teen prodigy Wembanyama living up to potential → BusinessMirrorPARIS—French teen prodigy Victor Wembanyama embellished his fast-growing reputation when he became the youngest MVP in the French league’s All-Star game. The 18-year-old Wembanyama finished with 27 points, 12 rebounds and four assists on Thursday night as the All-Star France team won, 136-128, against the All-Star World team—an annual contest between French and non-French players
Baca lebih lajut »
‘French Oscars’ to bar those investigated for sex crimesPARIS, France—The Cesar Awards, France&039;s version of the Oscars, said Monday that anyone being investigated for allegations of sexual misconduct would be barred from its ceremony next
Baca lebih lajut »
Calapan City Port registers 35,968 passengers as of Tuesday morningPassengers returning to their hometowns and workplaces were met with a kilometer-long line at the Calapan City Port, which posted 35,968 travelers as of Tuesday morning according to the Department of Transportation. | JMangaluzINQ
Baca lebih lajut »
'French Oscars' bars those investigated for sex crimesThe Cesar Awards, France's version of the Oscars, said that anyone being investigated for allegations of sexual misconduct would be barred from its ceremony next month. | via philstarlife
Baca lebih lajut »
‘’Wag na magpanggap’: Heart Evangelista draws laughs with baon in ParisHeart Evangelista drew laughs with her recent reel on Instagram, where she excitedly showed and ate her baon as she walked the streets of Paris.
Baca lebih lajut »