Florida judge draws town's wrath over school violence case

Indonesia Berita Berita

Florida judge draws town's wrath over school violence case
Indonesia Berita Terbaru,Indonesia Berita utama
  • 📰 ABC
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 73 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 33%
  • Publisher: 51%

Residents in a rural northern Florida community are fuming over a judge’s recent to dismiss a case against a 15-year-old who shared a six-page “School Shooting Plan” with a classmate.

In this Oct. 17, 2019 photo, buses depart from Baker County High School in Glen St. Mary, Fla. Unease spread across Baker County when authorities arrested a 15-year-old who they say planned a massacre at the county's only high school. Anger grew when a judge dismissed second-degree felony charges against the boy.

But unease resurfaced last month when a judge dismissed second-degree felony charges against the boy and released him back into the community west of Jacksonville. Thursday’s shooting at a California high school — which left three students dead, including the 16-year-old gunman — only deepened their worries.

“Our judicial system is dropping the ball. It’s failed us, and the system has failed him. I want this child to receive help,” she said. “Everybody’s left wondering now about what’s going to happen to this particular kid.” Judge Gloria R. Walker saw things differently and dismissed the case because she said prosecutors could not prove the threat had been transmitted as described in the law.Members of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission expressed exasperation last month when Baker County Sheriff’s Maj. Randy Crews described the incident.

The boy’s plan described killing teachers and fellow students in chilling detail. To maximize the carnage, he’d deploy an arsenal of knives and guns at a pep rally or some other high-traffic venue. He calculated he’d have nine minutes before squad cars and medics could reach the scene. He wouldn’t be acting alone, he hoped, having recruited at least three schoolmates who, like him, were"100% down that they might die that day.

That’s what folks across Baker County say should have happened when the 15-year-old appeared before Judge Walker.

Berita ini telah kami rangkum agar Anda dapat membacanya dengan cepat. Jika Anda tertarik dengan beritanya, Anda dapat membaca teks lengkapnya di sini. Baca lebih lajut:

ABC /  🏆 471. in US

Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama

Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.

Santa Clarita stunned as school violence comes to their community: 'Now it's us'Santa Clarita stunned as school violence comes to their community: 'Now it's us'Across the Santa Clarita Valley, residents come together over their collective heartache caused by another school shooting.
Baca lebih lajut »

Amber Portwood Allegedly Threatens YouTuber, Probation Officer AlertedAmber Portwood Allegedly Threatens YouTuber, Probation Officer AlertedKatie Joy -- the woman behind a YouTube account that's been documenting Amber Portwood's domestic violence case -- has accused Amber of making threats.
Baca lebih lajut »

Opinion | Schiff’s ‘Obstruction’ TheoryOpinion | Schiff’s ‘Obstruction’ TheoryFrom WSJopinion: If Adam Schiff were confident in his legal position, he’d want to put the case to a judge. Yet he seems desperate not to, writes DavidRivkin and Lee A. Casey.
Baca lebih lajut »

Myles Garrett/Mason Rudolph NFL Fight Draws Comment From Samuel L. Jackson, Drew CareyMyles Garrett/Mason Rudolph NFL Fight Draws Comment From Samuel L. Jackson, Drew CareyNFL commentators and various sports reporters have all weighed in on the Thursday Night Football fight between Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett and Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason…
Baca lebih lajut »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 20:35:38