The driver in a hit-and-run crash that killed the father of rapper Nicki Minaj last year has been sentenced to a year in jail.
NEW YORK, NEW YORK - MAY 06: Nicki Minaj attends The 2019 Met Gala Celebrating Camp: Notes on Fashion at Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 06, 2019 in New York City. – The driver in a hit-and-run crash that killed the father of rapper Nicki Minaj last year was sentenced Wednesday to a year in jail, in keeping with a promise the judge made when the man pleaded guilty in May.
Polevich, 72, said in court that he’s “been heartsick since realizing the extent of the tragedy” and that there was “no excuse” for his behavior. Prosecutors sought a sentence of one to three years behind bars, but Nassau County Judge Howard Sturim said in May, when Polevich pleaded guilty, that he would get “no more than one year in jail.”
Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama
Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.
Every Feature on Beyoncé’s Studio Albums: Nicki Minaj, The Weeknd & MoreBeyHive, welcome to the Renaissance. On Friday (July 29), Beyoncé dropped her long-awaited seventh studio album, six years after crafting her magnum opus Lemonade. Filled to the brim with deep-hous…
Baca lebih lajut »
Father of missing Oakley Carlson released from jailThe father of missing 5-year-old Oakley Carlson was released from jail early Wednesday morning. FOX13
Baca lebih lajut »
Bexar County jail may get more inspections under new Texas policyRather than inspecting every county jail each year, the Texas Commission on Jail Standards is moving to a 'risk-based' approach, with some getting inspections up to three times annually.
Baca lebih lajut »
Father of missing 5-year-old Oakley Carlson released from jailHe pleaded guilty to felony endangerment charges related to one of his other children back in March.
Baca lebih lajut »
Ins and outs of railguns: Will they eventually see widespread usage?Militaries around the world have been attempting to develop a functional, battlefield-ready railgun for over a century. Will it ever be pulled off?
Baca lebih lajut »
Judge upholds Italian's jailing in immigrant's beating deathPolice took Filippo Claudio Giuseppe Ferlazzo, 32, into custody minutes after the vendor was beaten and left for dead on a busy shopping street
Baca lebih lajut »