Deputy U.N. chief Amina Mohammed urged countries to urgently consider Haiti’s request for an international specialized armed force to help restore security in the Caribbean state and alleviate a humanitarian crisis. | Reuters
U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in October proposed that one or several countries send “a rapid action force” to help Haiti’s police remove a threat posed by armed gangs. He was not suggesting that the force be deployed by the United Nations.
So far though, no country has offered to lead such a force, though the Bahamas has said it could send troops or police if asked to do so. Diplomats have also said some African countries were ready to offer support as well. U.S. Deputy U.N. Ambassador Robert Wood told the Security Council that Washington continues “to advocate for international security support, including a non-U.N. multinational force, as requested by the Haitian government.”
“The United States has provided more than $90 million in security support to Haiti in the past 18 months and will continue to provide critical support bilaterally,” Wood said.Russia requested the Security Council meeting on Haiti on Wednesday. Russia’s U.N. Ambassador Vassily Nebenzia said: “We have doubts that the option of sending international military force can fundamentally change the situation.”The U.S.
A council resolution needs nine votes in favor and no vetoes by the United States, Britain, France, China or Russia.
Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama
Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.
House urged to scrutinize US-funded lab project in PHMakabayan bloc lawmakers urged the House of Representatives to investigate the presence of foreign-funded laboratories in the country to ensure that there are no covert military objectives involved in these projects. | JMAurelioINQ /PDI
Baca lebih lajut »
DOJ chief Remulla issues ILBO vs Bantag and Zulueta - BusinessMirrorTHE Department of Justice (DOJ) has issued an immigration lookout bulletin order (ILBO) against suspended Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) chief Gerald Bantag and former Deputy Security Officer Ricardo Zulueta who are accused of masterminding the killing of broadcaster Percival “Percy Lapid” Mabasa and inmate Jun Villamor, the alleged middleman in the case. The ILBO was issued to
Baca lebih lajut »
DOJ issues lookout bulletin for Bantag, ZuluetaThe Department of Justice has issued an Immigration Lookout Bulletin Order against suspended Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) chief Gerald Bantag and former deputy security officer Ricardo Zulueta, the two alleged masterminds in the deaths of broadcaster Percy Lapid and middleman Jun Villamor. However, the DOJ said the lookout bulletin is for “monitoring purposes only."
Baca lebih lajut »
Stabbed by Bantag: Prison gang leaders claim abuse by ex-BuCor chiefAt least two inmates gave sworn affidavits detailing how suspended BuCor Director General Gerald Bantag allegedly stabbed them, acting BuCor chief Gregorio Catapang said on Wednesday, December 21.
Baca lebih lajut »
BIR chief suspends all audit, other field operationsThe order is in connection with examinations and verifications of taxpayers’ books of accounts, records, and other transactions for the period December 16, 2022, to January 8, 2023, according to the issuance of Revenue Memorandum Order (RMO) No. 55-2022.
Baca lebih lajut »
Former chief of Central Visayas police says he’s leaving office with ‘head held up high’CEBU CITY — After a surprising reassignment, the former director of the Central Visayas police has left his office with "head held up high." "I am leaving team PNP (Philippine
Baca lebih lajut »