The new coronavirus is taking a toll on Chinese health workers as authorities report more than 5,000 new cases, including more than 120 deaths
BEIJING - A new coronavirus has taken a growing toll of Chinese health workers on the front line of the fight to stop it, a top official said on Friday, as authorities reported more than 5,000 new cases, including more than 120 deaths.
China’s National Health Commission said it had recorded 121 new deaths and 5,090 new coronavirus cases on the mainland on Thursday, taking the total number of infected to 63,851. The latest toll takes account of some deaths that had been double counted in Hubei, the commission said. “The duties of medical workers at the front are indeed extremely heavy; their working and resting circumstances are limited, the psychological pressures are great, and the risk of infection is high,” Zeng told a news conference.
Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama
Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.
Latest on coronavirus spreading in China and beyondHere are the latest developments around the coronavirus outbreak:
Baca lebih lajut »
Coronavirus cases in China epicenter fall, cruise ship disembarks in CambodiaThe death toll from a coronavirus outbreak in China's Hubei province rose b...
Baca lebih lajut »
Coronavirus outbreak 'just beginning' outside China, says expertThe coronavirus epidemic may be peaking in China where it was first detected in ...
Baca lebih lajut »