The Army said Wednesday it will immediately begin discharging soldiers who have refused to get the mandatory COVID-19 vaccine. From the Associated Press.
, putting more than 3,300 service members at risk of being thrown out soon.
According to data released by the Army last week, more than 3,300 soldiers have refused to get the vaccine. The Army has said that more than 3,000 soldiers have been issued official written reprimands, which suggests they are already identified in the disciplinary process, and some of them could be among the first to be discharged.
[Don't miss] Hop Butcher buys second brewery in 3 months, taking over former 5 Rabbit space in Bedford ParkArmy Secretary Christine Wormuth issued the directive Wednesday ordering commanders to begin involuntary separation proceedings against those who have refused the shots and do not have a pending or approved exemption.
Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama
Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.
U.S. Army begins discharging soldiers who refuse COVID-19 vaccineThe Army's order applies to regular Army soldiers, active-duty Army reservists and cadets unless they have approved or pending exemptions, it said in a statement. 'Army readiness depends on soldiers who are prepared to train, deploy, fight and win our nation’s wars,” Army Secretary Christine Wormuth said. Other branches of the U.S. military, including the U.S. Air Force, have already begun to remove those who have chosen not to receive a COVID vaccine, which were first authorized for emergency use in December 2020.
Baca lebih lajut »
Pfizer asks FDA to allow COVID-19 vaccine for kids under 5Pfizer on Tuesday asked the U.S. to authorize extra-low doses of its COVID-19 vaccine for children under 5, potentially opening the way for the very youngest Americans to start receiving shots as early as March.
Baca lebih lajut »
When can children younger than 5 get vaccinated against Covid-19?Children younger than 5 in the United States could begin receiving Covid-19 vaccinations this month or next if the US Food and Drug Administration moves quickly to authorize the shot for this age group.
Baca lebih lajut »
COVID-19 live updates: Santa Clara Co. approves extra vaccine dose for immunocompromisedTransplant recipients, cancer patients and people with immunodeficiencies can now receive a third dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine in Santa Clara County.
Baca lebih lajut »
Pfizer asks FDA to allow COVID-19 vaccine for kids under 5The move could open the way for the very youngest in the country to start receiving shots as early as March.
Baca lebih lajut »
Denmark becomes first EU country to lift all Covid-19 restrictionsDenmark has lifted all Covid-19 restrictions within the country, with coronavirus no longer considered a 'socially critical sickness,' according to the government.
Baca lebih lajut »