New Zealand officials admit they made a big mistake by allowing the man accused of killing 51 people at two Christchurch mosques to send a hand-written letter from his prison cell.
New Zealand officials admitted Wednesday that they made a mistake by allowing the man accused of killing 51 people at two Christchurch mosques to send a hand-written letter from his prison cell.
Corrections Minister Kelvin Davis said in statement that he didn't believe the prison system should have allowed Tarrant to send the letter.But Davis also said that all New Zealand prisoners have rights that include the ability to send and receive mail. He said the prison system has the ability to withhold correspondence and withheld some other letters Tarrant had attempted to send or receive.
Tarrant cites Plato and other philosophers and writers as inspiration for his views, and says he"cannot go into any great detail about regrets or feelings as the guards will confiscate my letter if I do" and use it as evidence. Before the March 15 shootings, Tarrant, a 28-year-old Australian white supremacist, posted a 74-page manifesto on the website 8chan in which he outlined his racist views and his beliefs that immigrants were invaders who would replace the white race.
Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama
Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.
Alleged Christchurch gunman sends letter from prison cellNew Zealand officials admit they made a mistake by allowing the man accused of killing 51 people at two Christchurch mosques to send a hand-written letter from his prison cell to a website notorious for white supremacists' views.
Baca lebih lajut »
'Sorry for the inconvenience': Hong Kong protesters apologized to furious passengers after the city's airport was paralyzed for a second dayHong Kong protesters used carts to block departure gates, sending a message to the government and drawing attention to alleged police brutality.
Baca lebih lajut »
House Judiciary leaders press for answers in Epstein deathFinancier Jeffrey Epstein was found dead in his cell early Saturday.
Baca lebih lajut »
Dayton shooter spent two hours in area before attack, likely acted alone: policeA gunman who killed nine people in Dayton, Ohio earlier this month spent two hou...
Baca lebih lajut »