All 4 prosecutors quit Roger Stone case after DOJ shifts to urge lighter sentence

Indonesia Berita Berita

All 4 prosecutors quit Roger Stone case after DOJ shifts to urge lighter sentence
Indonesia Berita Terbaru,Indonesia Berita utama
  • 📰 politico
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 40 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 19%
  • Publisher: 59%

Four federal prosecutors have withdrawn from the case of Roger Stone after the DOJ backed off prosecutors' earlier recommendation for a lengthy prison term, and as the president himself expressed displeasure with the idea of a stiff sentence

Four federal prosecutors have withdrawn from the case of Roger Stone, after the Justice Department backed off prosecutors' earlier recommendation for a lengthy prison term for President Donald Trump’s longtime adviser, and as the president himself expressed displeasure with the idea of a stiff sentence.

the veteran GOP political consultant and provocateur found guilty by a jury last year on seven felony counts brought by former special counsel Robert Mueller. "I thought the recommendation was ridiculous. I thought the whole prosecution was ridiculous," President Donald Trump said. "I thought it was an insult to our country and it shouldn't happen." | Manuel Balce Ceneta/AP Photo

"This is a horrible and very unfair situation," Trump wrote. "The real crimes were on the other side, as nothing happens to them. Cannot allow this miscarriage of justice!"a revised sentencing filing Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer sent a letter Tuesday to DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz requesting an investigation into the reversal.

Berita ini telah kami rangkum agar Anda dapat membacanya dengan cepat. Jika Anda tertarik dengan beritanya, Anda dapat membaca teks lengkapnya di sini. Baca lebih lajut:

politico /  🏆 381. in US

Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama

Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.

Two prosecutors exit Roger Stone case after DOJ shifts to lighter sentenceTwo prosecutors exit Roger Stone case after DOJ shifts to lighter sentenceThe moves come as Trump has tweeted his displeasure with the proposed 7-to-9 year prison term for his longtime adviser.
Baca lebih lajut »

Prosecutors withdraw from Roger Stone case after DOJ intervenes on prison sentenceProsecutors withdraw from Roger Stone case after DOJ intervenes on prison sentenceThe unusual move was met with swift backlash, with Democrats accusing the Justice Department of intervening in the work of career prosecutors.
Baca lebih lajut »

Roger Stone prosecutors quit case as DOJ cuts Trump ally's recommended prison sentenceRoger Stone prosecutors quit case as DOJ cuts Trump ally's recommended prison sentencePresident Donald Trump's ally Roger Stone was convicted of lying to Congress about his contacts with WikiLeaks and witness tampering.
Baca lebih lajut »

Roger Stone: Prosecutors withdraw from Stone case after DOJ intervenesRoger Stone: Prosecutors withdraw from Stone case after DOJ intervenes
Baca lebih lajut »

DOJ announces reversal in Roger Stone sentencing recommendation after Trump tweetDOJ announces reversal in Roger Stone sentencing recommendation after Trump tweetLATEST: DOJ will reverse course on its sentencing recommendation for Trump confidant Roger Stone, only hours after Pres. Trump called the recommendation a 'miscarriage of justice.'
Baca lebih lajut »

DOJ announces reversal in Roger Stone sentencing recommendation after Trump tweetDOJ announces reversal in Roger Stone sentencing recommendation after Trump tweetFederal prosecutors told a federal judge on Monday that Stone should be sentenced to serve seven to nine years in prison after jurors found him guilty last November on all seven counts brought against him by former special counsel Robert Mueller as part of his investigation into Russian election interference
Baca lebih lajut »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 06:14:28