Air traffic control fiasco probe ongoing; sabotage, negligence not ruled out–CAAP

Indonesia Berita Berita

Air traffic control fiasco probe ongoing; sabotage, negligence not ruled out–CAAP
Indonesia Berita Terbaru,Indonesia Berita utama
  • 📰 inquirerdotnet
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 30 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 15%
  • Publisher: 86%

The CAAP said that it is still conducting its internal investigation on the glitch that crippled the country’s air traffic control system which resulted in the suspension of flights nationwide on New Year’s Day. | zacariansINQ

“It is [still] part of the investigation. We cannot rule out all of the possibilities, including cyber[crime], sabotage, failure of equipment, and so forth. We are not ruling out anything at this point,” he said.“I cannot say that it is part of negligence [or a bad judgment call], but it is part of the investigation, that is not being ruled out, everything is being considered,” he said.

Diaz, however, said that engineers have so far determined that it “is most likely a material failure,” making the UPS the center of the internal investigation. When asked why these problems weren’t detected earlier, Diaz explained that CAAP duty engineers carry out preventive maintenance on the equipment involving the CNS/ATM daily, but the system did not show any abnormalities at that time.Meanwhile, Diaz did not give a deadline nor a timeline on the duration of the investigation, stressing the complexity of the systems and the need to explore all possible causes of the glitch.

Berita ini telah kami rangkum agar Anda dapat membacanya dengan cepat. Jika Anda tertarik dengan beritanya, Anda dapat membaca teks lengkapnya di sini. Baca lebih lajut:

inquirerdotnet /  🏆 3. in PH

Indonesia Berita Terbaru, Indonesia Berita utama

Similar News:Anda juga dapat membaca berita serupa dengan ini yang kami kumpulkan dari sumber berita lain.

Air traffic mess: Ex-CAAP chief points to 'unqualified' personnelAir traffic mess: Ex-CAAP chief points to 'unqualified' personnel'Sana ang higher up natin, ang Malacañang, maglagay naman ng qualified. Hindi basta kakilala, ilalagay mo,' former CAAP executive said, explaining what went before the New Year NAIA fiasco.
Baca lebih lajut »

Solon says CAAP should just be a regulatory agencySolon says CAAP should just be a regulatory agencyNorthern Samar 1st District Rep. Paul Daza said the incident last Sunday where over 300 flights were either cancelled, delayed, or diverted because of the glitch, should signal changes for the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines. | GabrielLaluINQ
Baca lebih lajut »

CAAP willing to face probe over PH airspace shutdown messCAAP willing to face probe over PH airspace shutdown messThe Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) is willing to face external investigations over the malfunctioning of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport’s (NAIA)’s air traffic management system that resulted in Philippine airspace shutdown and affected over 56,000 flights on New Year’s Day alone, a CAAP official said Wednesday.
Baca lebih lajut »

CAAP: Provincial airports back to normal ops after AMTC power supply outageCAAP: Provincial airports back to normal ops after AMTC power supply outageThe Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) said Tuesday that normal operations have resumed at provincial airports affected by the power supply problem which closed the Philippine airspace on New Year’s Day.
Baca lebih lajut »

CAAP official says system ‘not obsolete,’ but needs upgradesCAAP official says system ‘not obsolete,’ but needs upgradesAn official of the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) on Tuesday said the country&39;s air traffic management system is not obsolete, but needs further upgrades to prevent another technical glitch which shutdown Philippine airspace on New Year’s Day.
Baca lebih lajut »

Transport group tells passengers affected by aviation tech issue to sue CAAPTransport group tells passengers affected by aviation tech issue to sue CAAPA commuter network insisted that the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines must be held liable for making the worst New Year air transport situation in the country’s history. | GabrielLaluINQ
Baca lebih lajut »



Render Time: 2025-04-05 15:25:07